What is a basic income?
- A basic income is a payment from the state to every resident on an individual basis, without any means test or work requirement.
- It would be sufficient to live a frugal but decent lifestyle without supplementary income from paid work.
- A basic income will show that we care for each other, by guaranteeing everyone basic financial security.
- A basic income will play a central role in a modern, flexible economy.
- A basic income will improve everyone’s quality of life.