September BI networking meeting is on 18th September at 7pm (part of Basic Income Week - further details to follow).
In this meeting, we will have a discussion on the potential impact of basic income policies on jobs and the labour market. Kenji will kick off the discussion with a 20-minute presentation on “Jobs and Basic Income,” covering the following points:
(1) Distinction between jobs and work
(2) The Irish labour market in numbers
(3) Overview of current programmes in Ireland for jobseekers
(4) Potential impact of basic income on jobs and the labour market
You are very welcome to ask questions during the presentation and participate in the discussion after."
Additional Dates for Your Diary:
- Oct. 16th. (general meeting)
- Nov. 2nd is our Annual Forum (details to follow)
- Nov. 13th. (general meeting)
- Dec. 11th. (general meeting)
International Basic Income week will probably be Sept.16th. - 23rd.
As ever, all are welcome to attend any and all of the above meetings!
Watch this space for further details, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.