Focus: Bitcoin, Blockchain and Basic Income - 12 May BII Workshop
On Saturday, 12 May Basic Income Ireland will be holding an interactive workshop exploring the world of Bitcoin, blockchain, and crytocurrency and how it might be relevant to basic income movement.
Our blockchain expert Lui (who worked in the sector for three years) will kick things off with a presentation exploring:
- How Bitcoin works as a tech system
- How Bitcoin works as a social game
- Some other flavours of radical techno-monetary policy
- Can UBI fit inside a monetary policy?
- An overview of existing "Crypto UBI" projects.
After a short break, we will then split into groups and explore some of the ideas from the talk using customised board games, which will stimulate the competing ideas around basic income and monetary policy. The scope of these games will not necessarily be limited to crypto-based BI and will possibly cover both crypto-based and fiat-money-based BI. In any case, we'll have a bit of fun!
We will then regroup to share insights from the different variations of games played and what that might mean for real-world policy.
Finally, we will share updates on the latest from the basic income campaign and discuss ideas for the autumn forum.
We look forward to seeing you there, members and newcomers alike!
Venue: Room 3077, DIT Aungier Street
Time: 2-5pm, Saturday 12 May
- Tues, June 12th.
- July and August no meetings
- Sat, September 15th. To coincide with International Basic Income week and also BII Autumn Forum. Time: 10am - 4pm.
- Weds, October 17th.
- Tues, November 20th.
- Weds, December 12th. Social gathering.
All are welcome and encouraged to attend all of the above meetings.